Saturday, June 21, 2008

Car AcCiDeNt

Last night around 10 PM my friend Christy and I were headed back from Gateway Mall to my house to meet up with our husbands. We were coming up on a green light on 90th South as we approached the intersection there was a red car heading the opposite direction as me in the turning lane, turning left. I was about to the intersection when the red Chevy cavalier turned in front of me. By this time I was already in the intersection and had no time to slam on my breaks until the last second which did not slow the impact at all. I was going about 40-45 MPH in my 2005 Honda civic. I tried to swerve. As soon as I realized she was turning I kept my hands on the steering wheel and pushed my body back against my seat. Then we heard that loud BANG when metal slams into each other. Both mine and Christy's air bags deployed. The powder from the airbags filled my car. It had a strong smell and it was filling the inside of my car fast. I tried to open my door, my door would not open. Christy opened hers and we both climbed out coughing from the powder we had inhaled.
When we got out of my car I turned to look at the red car & person inside of it to see if they were okay. I was filled with so many emotions mad, sad, scared, shocked. There were 4 or 5 girls that got out of the red car. And that's when we noticed a gray car between mine and the red one. I talked to the girl that was driving the gray car she said she was in the lane next to me just a little behind. When my car and the red car collided it sent the red car flying into the lane next to me and the gray car then slammed into the red car after I did.

I have air bag burns on my arms. My chest and shoulder is bruised from the seat belt. When I was climbing over to the passenger sit to get out I pulled a muscle in my leg which is making it hard to walk up and down stairs... I feel old. Christy tried to move her legs before impact, her left knee smashed into her right calf. Her calf was swollen and she was hopping around. She also has a few bruises and scrapes and an airbag burn on her forehead.

It was so scary... I am so glad its over with. I am so grateful that Christy and I were not seriously injured.

I was planning on getting a new car in a few months so now it looks like it will be sooner than later.

SCCCARRYYYY stuff....

Click "Older Posts" to the upper right of this to see MoRe & MoRe & MoRe posts!!