Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update

I learned the kind of stroke I had was called an "acute stroke". My appointment went well this morning, I really like the doctor. She is a stroke specialist. Her dog hangs out in the office with her and walks around and visits the patients, he was so cute and friendly :).

They tested me to see if my blood was flowing through my brain okay, which it was. They did an ultra sound of my neck to see if my arteries had plaque build up, they were clear. They also checked to see if I had torn a blood vessel (this is what the doctor thought had happened) but they were no signs of it.
I was able to see the MRI scan of my brain and see where the stroke happened which was kind of cool to see. It happened on the right side of my brain which is why my left side went numb.

Tomorrow they want to do a couple tests on my heart and see if we can find the problem in there. I am wearing a heart monitor right now, I can finally get this thing off of me tomorrow at my appointment... yay!

Click "Older Posts" to the upper right of this to see MoRe & MoRe & MoRe posts!!